A data-driven tool to improve surface management for
better playing performance and consistent putting greens
Putting Green Performance
Greens are the lifeblood of the course. The ability to measure inputs, surface performance, and playing quality will allow you to delivery consistently high-quality putting surfaces for your golfers.
- Putting greens have a significant impact on golfer satisfaction
- The ability to measure inputs, surface performance, and playing quality will allow you to deliver consistently high-quality greens for your golfers
Fine-Tune Your Greens
Given the importance of putting greens, data is crucial for refining maintenance practices:
- Precisely measure all the daily inputs and practices for putting-green maintenance, as well as Putting greens have a significant impact on golfer satisfaction
- Record growth and playing characteristics
- Use the data to make maintenance decisions and measure the results
The more you enter data and measure results, the more you'll learn how your greens perform:
- The historical data will allow you to better understand how inputs, cultural practices, and other variable such as weather affect the greens
- You can have more confidence in knowing that your data-driven decisions will lead to consistently high-quality putting surfaces
Data is only useful if you can understand what it means:
- The USGA Facility App offers an interface that makes it convenient to enter your data on a daily basis
- More importantly, the graphs and charts are easy to read and understand
- Share the information with others at your facility, so you can communicate and plan more efficiently
The importance of surface management
Everybody knows how important putting greens are. Facilities spend a lot of money to keep them in consistently good condition. Golfers want greens that roll true and have consistent speeds. The USGA Facility App allows you to track key performance indicators to improve your ability to manage your greens and deliver consistent putting surfaces that satisfy your golfers.
How it works
All it takes is a few minutes each day to record the inputs and cultural practices for a green, as well as the clipping yield and Stimpmeter reading after the morning maintenance.
The Facility App consolidates all the data in a single location, making it easy to visualize and analyze the information, whether from day to day, month to month, or year over year.
All the data you accumulate through the daily measurement and recording can yield some significant insights. You can analyze the impact of variables such as weather, rainfall, and mowing regimen on the growth and performance of your greens. Whether you're looking for year-round consistency or trying to peak for a special event or tournament, the Facility App can guide you along the way.
The value of daily tracking
Taking just a few minutes each day to measure, record, and enter data can help you spot trends and make decisions that improve efficiency and improve putting green performance.
- Track green speed, firmness, and soil moisture
- Log your daily cultural practices
- Track product applications
- Quickly see application history
- View the total amount applied, number of applications, and average rate
- Perform comparisons over different points in time
USGA Course Consulting Service
Take advantage of our expertise
The Facility App can't do it all. A USGA regional agronomist can visit your course and provide guidance in analyzing the data and creating a customized action plan for your greens. They can also share their expertise gained from our research, our collective knowledge base, and visits to hundreds of courses in your region.
Beyond the Putting Green
Facility App Full Features
The USGA Facility App is a powerful tool that represents the next generation of course maintenance, connecting data from all over the course so your facility can improve operational efficiency, better manage resources, and improve golfer satisfaction.
- Daily records
- Daily forecasts
- Historical records
- Add or delete features
- Edit surfaces
- Championship-quality hole location sheets
- Weather integration for selecting hole locations
- Historical record
- Used at USGA championships
- Product management
- Custom products
- Golfer heat maps and tracks
- Equipment tracking
- Pace of play analytics
Learn more about the power of data
Ken Lee, Cherokee Town & Country Club
"The return on investment has been excellent. Using the data, we've learned that we can sometimes forgo a roll or second cut and achieve the same result, saving time and money."